Political meetings and elections - livestreaming for the citizens
Even before the global pandemic, cities and districts made political meetings and elections available to the public via (live) broadcast. The aim was to increase political proximity, transparency and participation. This is the case in the city of Monheim, North Rhine-Westphalia, where G&L has been a trusted partner for the digital web service "Rats-TV" since 2018.
But since the outbreak of the Corona virus and the associated restrictions and lockdowns, digital broadcasting has become an integral part of (political) life. More and more city councils and committees are using multimedia and realising the benefits of streaming for their citizens.
As a reliable full-service provider with years of experience in the public sector, G&L Event Streaming offers solutions for the delivery of meetings - via live stream and/or video on demand. As well as the city of Monheim, the Ennepe-Ruhr-Kreis and the Universitätsstadt Siegen now also count on our expertise.
Available services in detail
On-site video production
- Adjustable PTZ cameras (pan-tilt-zoom), GoPros, etc.
- Controlled centrally, mixed and recorded by G&L team on location
Viewing options: Insertion of names and function of speaking persons, boards, PowerPoint presentations, pre-produced videos as well as integration of external speakers via Zoom, Webex or Teams; Point-to-Point connection via SRT protocol
- Compliance with data protection regulations: Consideration of personal rights to image and sound
- Encoding and transcoding: highest quality standards through Akamai services (Live 4 with low latency, token authentication and monitoring with media analytics)
- Output: As stream or simultaneous on screen, monitors, etc.
- Playback via high-performance HTML5 video player (TheoPlayer), integrated on the city/county website or microsite/landing page and simultaneous playback on other platforms such as YouTube/social media
- The livestream is immediately available as video on demand (VOD). Edited parts can already be made available as VOD during the current session. Additional information, subtitles, translations can be added to the VOD.
Possible use cases
Meetings of city councils, county councils, state parliaments, parliaments and committees, as well as broadcasts of (local) elections