Developer (m/f/d) for our pro bono project CHOIR MANAGER
G&L Geißendörfer & Leschinsky GmbH is a leading systems integrator and managed service provider for delivering audiovisual content over the Internet. With headquarters in Cologne and a branch office in San Francisco, G&L has been working hard since 1999 to make media content available fast and securely - globally, 24x7, on any device and in optimal quality.
In addition to our core business, we have been engaging our technical expertise in the pro bono project CHOIR MANAGER. This platform allows choirs around the globe to manage their members, rehearsals, and concerts safely and conveniently. The service had a substantial UX relaunch in 2019 and is being used by almost 4000 singers daily.
For the continuous development of our CHOIR MANAGER, we are looking for a German- or English-speaking Python & Django developer (m/f/d). Part-time (20h) slightly preferred.
- Maintain and extend the software basis of www.choirmanager.com
- Integrate social login and SAML with Identity Management by Okta, based on existing integrations in other G&L projects
- Add the concept of "works" to allow for song-related tasks and statistics like concert program, singer portfolio, performance frequency per song or "what-should-we-sing-next" recommendations
- Add attendance metrics to better track singers' presence in rehearsals and concerts
- Introduce gamification elements
- Make use of the various SaaS solutions that G&L is working or partnering with
- Try out new technology in a production environment completely separate from our core business - become a G&L tech incubator
- Help colleagues in other projects and get assistance yourself
- Core: Python, Django, Django REST framework+
- Helpful: Docker, React & Redux, Redis, MySQL, AWS (ECS & AutoScaling, RDS, ElastiCache, VPC, ALB, S3)
- Good to know: OAuth 2.0, JSON Web Tokens, Gunicorn, Bootstrap
- Bonus: Experience in a choir
- Modern desk in Cologne headquarters with welcoming colleagues, table soccer, unlimited coffee, water & fruits
- Mobile and flexible working with a minimum of 3 hours overlap with core office times (9-17) to allow for occasional synchronous communication possible from anywhere
- Google G Suite, Slack, Atlassian Jira & Confluence, SSO
- Access to internal and external field experts
- Online tech training, certifications, and visiting conferences
- Flat company hierarchy
- Management enthusiastic about technology and with lots of love for choral music
We can't wait to meet you! Please send us your CV to email@example.com